The Certification Program provides a means for the athletic administrator to develop professionally. The AIAAA Certification Program is a voluntary professional service to athletic administrators with various levels of experience and preparation. The athletic administrator who attains professional certification will have demonstrated the completion of a comprehensive plan for self-improvement. Individuals will enhance their ability to serve the students, school, community and professional organization.
There are 3 levels of certification:
- Canadian Registered Athletic Administrator (CRAA)
- Canadian Certified Athletic Administrator (CCAA)
- Canadian Certified Master Athletic Administrator (CCMAA)
Certification Program Objectives
- To promote professional standards, practices and ethics;
- To encourage self-assessment by offering guidelines for achievement;
- To improve performance by encouraging participation in a continuing program of professional growth and development;
- To identify levels of educational training essential for effective athletic administration;
- To foster professional contributions to the field;
- To maximize the benefits received by the school community from the leadership provided by certified athletic administrators.
Benefits of Becoming Certified
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in the profession.
- Provide growth of professional knowledge and expertise.
- Develop a sense of personal and professional satisfaction
- Enhance the perception of the profession.
- Improves employability.
- Participate in a provincially registered program.