Code of Ethics
The interscholastic athletic administrator as an educational leader:
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive athletic program which seeks the highest development of all participants, and which respects the individual dignity of every athlete.
- Considers the well being of the entire student body as fundamental in all decisions and actions.
- Supports the principle of due process and protects the civil and human rights of all individuals.
- Organizes, directs, and promotes an interscholastic athletic program that is an integral part of the total educational program.
- Cooperates with the staff and school administration in establishing, implementing and supporting school policies.
- Acts impartially in the execution of basic policies and in the enforcement of the zone, league, and provincial high school athletic association rules and regulations.
- Fulfills professional responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
- Upholds the honor of the profession in all relations with students, colleagues, coaches, administrators and the general public.
- Improves the professional status and effectiveness of the interscholastic athletic administrator through participation in local, provincial and national in-service programs.
- Promotes high standards of ethics, sportsmanship and personal conduct by encouraging administration, coaches, staff, student-athletes, and community to commit to these high standards.
- Adapted by the AIAAA Course Content Committee from the NIAAA Code of Ethics